Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Santa was kind this year...

Unbeknownst to me Santa brought me a Christmas gift in the form of signed court documents finalizing our divorce. Happy or sad? Hard to tell, bittersweet is the best way to describe what I knew was come, but didn't expect it to be over on December 24th.

Over the last year I have made the kids, myself, and my friends my priority. I told a friend a year ago, when this is over I hope that people say that I handled my divorce with pose and grace (it hasn't always been pretty, but I tried). As I continue to mend (aka see my therapist) I know that I can treasure the happy memories of the past and look forward to the new adventures that await the kids and me in the future. I am looking forward to travel, learning, success, and maybe even finding love again.

2014 is going to be an amazing year. I can feel it! Thank you Santa!

No comments: